EIP's STEM Fusion Program is an enrichment program designed to strengthen students understanding of scientific and mathematical concepts. STEM Fusion comprises of five-sessions throughout the academic year. Sessions provide an overview of overarching SOL objectives and benchmarks in math and science courses. Sessions are supplemental academic support to students’ math and science course at their base school. STEM Fusion not only introduces students to extended branches and concepts around science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), but also introduces students to concepts of Health Science, Coding and Programming, Cybersecurity, Game Design, and other STEM careers.
STEM Fusion Program Dates
For the upcoming school year, STEM Fusion will be held in person, along with a virtual training prior to the start of sessions.
Below are the confirmed dates:
- Student Training (Virtual) - October 20, 2021 (8th & 9th graders) at 4pm; October 21, 2021 (10th-12th graders) at 4pm
Please check your email for the training zoom link.
- STEM Fusion #1 (In Person) - Saturday, October 30th, 2021; 10am-2pm
- STEM Fusion #2 (In Person) - Saturday, November 20th, 2021; 10am-2pm
- STEM Fusion #3 (In Person) - Saturday, February 5th, 2022; 10am-2pm
- STEM Fusion #4 (In Person) - Saturday, March 5th, 2022; 10am-2pm
- STEM Fusion #5 (In Person) - Saturday, April 23rd, 2022; 10am-2pm
Assigned Campus & Bus Schedule
- CLICK HERE for Bus Schedule
- CLICK HERE for the Bus Schedule
How to Apply
To sign up for STEM Fusion, students should submit the STEM Fusion 2021-2022 online application. By filling out and submitting the online application, parents/guardians are confirming the student's participation in STEM Fusion for the 2021-2022 academic school year. Please note, all STEM Fusion communication will be through email, as listed in the application. There will be no paper mail sent to your home address.
Application Link: https://bit.ly/eipstem2021
Application deadline: Sunday, September 26, 2021 before 11:59pm
* This is a hard deadline as we will not be accepting new applicants after the deadline.
Please note that all Mason staff have been vaccinated against COVID-19, and are tested frequently. In addition, we will follow both university and state guidelines as it pertains to social distancing and face masks to ensure our students are safe.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Please call EIP office 703-993-3120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.