EIP's STEM Fusion Program is an enrichment program designed to strengthen students understanding of scientific and mathematical concepts. STEM Fusion comprises of five-sessions throughout the academic year. Sessions provide an overview of overarching SOL objectives and benchmarks in math and science courses. Sessions are supplemental academic support to students’ math and science course at their base school. STEM Fusion not only introduces students to extended branches and concepts around science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), but also introduces students to concepts of Health Science, Coding and Programming, Cybersecurity, Game Design, and other STEM careers.
STEM Fusion Program Dates
For the upcoming year, STEM Fusion 2020-2021 will be held online through Blackboard. Students will need to use their Mason credentials to access their classes for each event date. Below are the confirmed dates:
- Student Training - October 22nd & 23rd; Training time is to be announced
- STEM Fusion #1 - Saturday, November 7th from 10:00am to 1:30pm
- STEM Fusion #2 - Saturday, December 5th from 10:00am to 1:30pm
- STEM Fusion #3 - Saturday, February 6th from 10:00am to 1:30pm
- STEM Fusion #4 - Saturday, March 20th from 10:00am to 1:30pm
- STEM Fusion #5 - Saturday, April 17th from 10:00am to 1:30pm
* Students are expected to log in at 9:50am on all Saturday events as classes will begin promptly at 10:00am
How to Apply
To sign up for STEM Fusion, students should submit the STEM Fusion 2020-2021 Online Application. By filling out and submitting the online application, parents/guardians are confirming the student's participation in STEM Fusion for the 2020-2021 academic school year. Please note, all STEM Fusion communication will be through email, as listed in the application. There will be no paper mail sent to your home address. We will be accepting applications until SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2020. This is a hard deadline as we will not be accepting new applicants after the deadline.
Application Link: https://tinyurl.com/eipstemfusionapp
Application deadline: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2020
Please call EIP office 703-993-3120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.