Summer Academy is a mandatory 3-week event for all EIP students. It runs from 9:00 am - 1:15 pm Monday - Friday for 3 weeks starting the Monday after July 4th. The goal is to expose students to key knowledge in core academic areas and prepare students prior to returning to school in the fall. There are only 15 days of instruction, so every day is important.
Summer Academy 2021
- Mason Blackboard: https://mymasonportal.gmu.edu
- Use your Mason Credentials to access Mason Blackboard. For assistance contact the EIP Office.
- Go to password.gmu.edu and select "Forgotten/Expired Password"
- For assistance, click here to watch this step-by-step video
During Summer Academy this summer, EIP will be hosting in-person days for our students on the dates below. Each grade-level will be invited to participate in these days in person or online. Buses will be provided for grades 9th - 11th, and all COVID protocols will be followed at these days. We encourage all students to attend in person if possible.
Rising 9th grade - Thursday, July 15th from 9AM-12PMRising 10th grade - Tuesday, July 20th from 9AM-12PMRising 11th grade - Tuesday, July 27th from 9AM-12PMRising 12th grade - Thursday, July 29th from 6PM-7:30PM (Senior celebration for all counties - buses not provided)
Due to Fairfax county's summer field trip policy, all Fairfax County students (riding 9th - 11th) will participate in Immersion Day virtually.
Student Blackboard Training
- June 16 for all rising 9th graders - https://youtu.be/vpCsHmjaDZo
- June 17 for rising 10th-12th graders in Arlington, Manassas City, Manassas Park, and Prince William counties - https://youtu.be/HsuHgveIQ3U
- June 17 for all rising 10th-12th graders in Falls Church, Fairfax, and Alexandria City counties - Coming Soon
Excuses and Absences